Friday, May 4, 2012

A Whole New World

Little Acorns Publishing - The Acorn Has Sprung

Ever feel that refreashing moment in your life when something completely changes and you are soaring on the clouds like Aladdin and Jasmine in the Disney movie Aladdin? That is how I feel today. Recently I changed publishing houses to Little Acorns Publishing LTD. Little Acorns is a new publishing house located in Wales, United Kingdom that offers personalized services to their authors. Not only will they publish your ebook, print or both but they also offer help with marketing. Their team includes authors, editors, artists and a tech geek who understand the publishing world. This morning I am happy to introduce the founder of the company, Kristina Jackson, as she explains how her company was founded.

From where do these ideas spring? From random sleeting bouts of inspiration that fly through the universe. I made the decision to self-publish my books without the use of a publisher. Traditional or Indie. It was a decision purely based on personal reasons. I had no idea then I would be doing this now. Then one dream fell crashing around my ears. It was at this point, whilst I was sitting with the metaphorical debris around my ears, did this idea come.

Enter Tasha Turner, my friend, my confidante. She sat there in her hospital bed, having survived a car crash that would have finished many, helping me build on my concept. Using her skills and working with her ideas, I was in a position to offer a new and exciting approach to Indie Publishing. But what we needed was a team, including at least one author!

Here a chance conversation with another friend, Allison Bruning, came into play. I gave her an un-biased opinion of her options. I suggested to her she might try doing it herself, the self-publishing route. She went away and thought about it. To my great surprise and pleasure, she asked if I would re-publish her book, Calico, for her. So I agreed.

Allison brought with her an editor, and I persuaded another good friend and fellow author to come and be the second editor. Both have a lot of experience and are equally excited to be part of something new!

Tasha then brought in the rest of her team, including the delightful Lisa Alford and the wonderful Jess Williams. Tasha and her team will be offering complete marketing services, as well social media coaching, at a flat rate for authors signing up for those packages. This team will help authors who are floundering in the marketing sea to grow and be strong swimmers.
I then brought in my husband David to help me run the business, my good friend Amy to be one of the artists, and finally my tech geek! My team is not complete–look out for opportunities down the line!

Here we are launch at day of Little Acorns Publishing, after long hours and hard work by all involved, ready to bring this launch ready for Beltane. Like the pagan festival it is when the Crone becomes the Maiden and meets the Oak King. A time for union, about new growth In this case something totally new.

I know what we will offer is not going to suit everyone. But with the use of Indiegogo.com as a launch pad for our authors, the benefits we can offer as part of this, as well as giving them benefits such as % on sales of the book-branded merchandise through our Zazzle store http://www.zazzle.com/little_acorns, we are in shape to be something exciting and different!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of my team members! You rock. Now the acorn has sprouted, let it grow sustainably and organically. If you would like to grow with us, look at our submission’s page, or contact us at littleacornspublishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment