Sunday, June 3, 2012

Tasha Turner Blog Tour: It's Truly Madly!

Guest Blogger: Cathy Brockman

If I had to choose a song that describes one of my books, I would choose Truly Madly Deeply by Savage garden for Ninety Days the story I lovingly call thing 3. 


Ninety days is about a women in her middle age, going through a phase where she doesn’t  want to get caught up  in a serous romance. She has always dreamed of prince charming and happy ever-after but has been let down too many times. She has always said if you aren’t ready to make a serious commitment and know for sure one is right for you in ninety days.. No use to keep wasting time so all her relationships never goes past three month. She has a friend with benefits and is quite satisfied with her life as it is she even considers it perfect.  Then she meets Gabriel, a coach at her daughter’s high-school. He falls in love with her right away, but he is younger than she is and she has never gone for younger men. He is relentless and also has some issues of his own.  All the words in here describe how Gabriel feels and how Cat denies she feels..   Does Cat finally give in to Gabriel? Is Gabriel’s wounds healed?  Does HEA really exist?  I don’t know yet, but it’s fun finding out..  What do you think? Have you read a book recently that reminds you of a certain song? Why? Leave your ideas in the comment section below!

SAVAGE GARDEN LYRICS


"Truly Madly Deeply"

I'll be your dream
I'll be your wish I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope I'll be your love
Be everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, madly, deeply do
I will be strong I will be faithful
'cause I'm counting on
A new beginning
A reason for living
A deeper meaning, yeah

[chorus:]
I want to stand with you on
a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me

And when the stars are shining
brightly in the velvet sky,
I'll make a wish send it to heaven
Then make you want to cry
The tears of joy for all the
pleasure and the certainty
That we're surrounded by the
comfort and protection of

The highest powers
In lonely hours
The tears devour you

[chorus]

Oh can you see it baby?
You don't have to close your eyes
'Cause it's standing right
before you
All that you need will surely come

I'll be your dream I'll be your wish
I'll be your fantasy
I'll be your hope I'll be your love
Be everything that you need
I'll love you more with every breath
Truly, madly, deeply do

[chorus]

I want to stand with you on a
mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to live like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me


- Cathy Brockman

Cathy is fifty years old (don't tell anyone!!) though she refuses to act it. She prefers to play with clay and write on the sidewalk with the Grandies (she has 10 of them). She lives in the hot and sticky mid-south and dreams of a cooler climates and making snowmen. She retired from her everyday job of 19 years, selling jewelry at Wal-Mart, to spend time writing books and creating her own jewelry and other cool stuff.

She likes to garden, cook, sew, and craft. When she isn't creating new recipes for her home-grown goodies, or making some cool plastic canvas creation or a pretty piece of jewelry, she can be found hiding in one of her many garden getaways, creating new worlds and getting lost in a hot and juicy romance. She also hopes to get to travel a lot soon to get more inspiration and ideas for even more great stories to share with all of her friends. If you would like a free sample of her writing, go see Storytime Trysts for weekly episodes of her latest short-story.


links:  Facebook pages




Facebook: Cats reviews  http://www.facebook.com/#!/CatsReviews


Sian and Cathy’s chattime radio  http://www.facebook.com/#!/SianandCathysChatTimeRadio

Blogs and websites


and my book under Cathy Boyd  my children and Ya page









2 comments:

  1. Great posts. Love the song it brings back memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever wonder what songs helped inspire me when I was writing Calico? Check out my guest post on Scott Bury's blog at http://bit.ly/NeBPYO

    ReplyDelete