Thursday, July 12, 2012

And the Liebster Blog Award Goes to......

Allison Bruning! 

What an honor! I feel so blessed to have been nominated to receive the Liebster. The Liebster Award is my first blogging award. It's given to bloggers who are inspired by others and who in turn inspire others with their unconditional love and kindness.  With my deepest gratitude I would like to thank @JLenniDorner from http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com/ for nominating me.




The Liebster Blog Award is given bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

The rules are: 

1. Thank and link back to the person who presented you with the award. Add the award logo to your blog.

2. Answer the eleven questions posted for the nominees.

3. Share eleven random facts about yourself.

4. Write eleven questions for your nominees and then...

5. Nominate eleven worthy blogs and contact those bloggers so they know about it! (No tag backs.)



Here are the eleven questions she asked of me:
 
1- What is the most inspiring blog prompt you have encountered?

I am in the middle of the Tasha Turner Virtual Blog Tour http://tasha-turner.com/virtual-blog-tour-mk/ which runs from May 27th to September 9, 2012.  Each week bloggers are given a prompt to write about. One week I was asked to choice a picture then write a short story about that picture. This was hard at first because I wasn't too interested in the picture prompts I had been given. Then one day a picture prompt struck my interest. It was of two people standing on a wooden picnic table in the middle of an open wheat field. That picture lead to my guest posting called "Field of Grace" which can be read here. http://bit.ly/NjDl7O


2- What is the biggest step you have taken toward achieving your dreams?

My dream has always been to become a successful writer. My interests in the Creative Writing Arts was developed at an early age and grew as I became older. I had continued to write all the way through college but never sought to make it a career until about four years ago. That was the hardest decision I had ever had to make. Not because I don't like to write but because as an artist I realize that there are still bills to pay and not a lot of artists can live on royalty check alone. I am so thankful I have a supportive husband that is helping me to achieve my goals in becoming a successful writer. My first book, Calico, was released last year and the second edition of the book was released a few months ago. You can find Calico here, http://amzn.to/JSNRpm.  I am still working on going from writing as a hobby to a career. With the success of my book I am continuing to hone in on my writing skills. Last month, I was accepted into the Master of Fine Arts program for Creative Writing at Full Sail University. My dream of being a writer is still the same but I am starting to see that being a writer can encompass so much more than just writing novels. I can write screenplays, television scripts, short stories and so much more. I want my books to turn into movies someday and I am learning how to write them at Full Sail University. I am also learning the business side of being a writer. I'm an author on the path of achieving my big dreams overcoming all obstacles with the help of my husband and God. The journey isn't over yet, it's only just begun. 


3- Who is your favorite fictional character of all time and why?

I just love Laura Ingalls Wilder from the Little House on the Prairie series. She is independent, witty and yet still maintains her female qualities. I love a strong female led.  I've read the complete series and have studied other writings by the real Laura Ingalls Wilder. 

4- What could someone say about a newly published book that would cause you to go get it immediately?

Realistic and provocative. I want a book that is going to challenge me to look at a situation from a different point of view. I want solid, believable characters that will make me feel as if they are real. I want to be so engross in a story that I lose time and place. 

5- What is the most fun activity you have ever engaged in with others online?

It would have to be the Facebook discussion groups. I have met a lot of people I would haven't ever met without Facebook. 

6- Do you care enough to change something in the world; and if so, what is it and how do you try to change it, and if not, why not?

I want to challenge people to love each other, accept people for who they are and truly listen without casting judgement. I am infamous for presenting a story through the unheard voices of the past, such as in Calico. Calico's story is told from the Shawnee people point of view, which we rarely get in the media, especially from a white woman who wants to stay with the Shawnee. 

7- What makes it all worth it?

Blogging and writing allows me to explore new worlds and get to know characters that challenge your thinking yet are fun to get to know. I'm learning about them as I write just as the reader is learning about them when they read my stories. 

8- Would it be better to be world famous for a failure or to be considered the greatest but only known by a small group of people?

Depends on what the bigger picture is. What would be the most beneficial to others? Would they learn more from my utter world known failures or by something only a small group of people know. 

9- Do you feel that the golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do onto you) still applies in today's online world of tweeting, Facebook fanpage subscribing, and anonymous page/post commenting?

Absolutely!

10- What is the kindest act that you have seen someone do in the past 30 days?

My neighbor came over and helped me with the yard work.

11- What does your blog offer to the world that no one possibly could?

I take my readers to historical places that some have long forgotten. I tell the little known stories that make you think and explore cultural aspects from my books that you may not get in them. I think also when we read about history we tend to see the historical figures as paper thin people or we honor them so greatly that they become as if demigods. I want my readers to see the human side of these people, the challenges and struggles they faced which made them who they were. I want you to see history not as a boring subject but as a vivid, realistic time. History tends to repeat itself. We should learn from the lessons the lives of our ancestors try to teach us. 



Eleven Random Facts About Me

1) I am a member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. My patriot was Private Reuben Messenger of Connecticut. After the American Revolution my family has continued to fight in the wars to protect this county. Up until recently we have had a solider in every war. My family was given land in the Ohio Wilderness as a pension for their service in the American Revolution. We are first families of Ohio. I draw many of my stories from my family's genealogy. 

2)My half-brother is 20 years older than I (same father, different mothers).

3) I would rather go primitive camping than spend the night in a hotel.

4) I have both the Silver and Gold Awards in Girl Scouting.

5)I have won the Who's Whom Among America's Educators

6) I have a BA in Theatre Arts with an emphasis in directing stage, screen and television from the same university and program that Dan Blocker, aka: Haus Cartwrite from Bonanza, received his theater degree from. 

7)My favorite colors are blue, brown and green.

8)I still have my childhood teddy bear.

9) I am a couponer. I love a good yard sale, consignment shop and thrift store. I can usually find nice items at great prices and I'm known for walking out of a store with free items from my coupons. 

10) I am 6 foot tall, blonde hair and blue eyed. 

11) I am half German but do not speak the language. My father was a first generation American whose parents did not teach him the language.




I hereby nominate the following eleven bloggers to receive the Liebster Award!











So here are the questions I want to ask my nominees.

1) What is the craziest thing you have ever blogged about?

2) How and why did you get into blogging?

3) What is one thing most people don't know about you and would find surprising to learn?

4) Favorite genre and why?

5) Favorite type of candy? Why?

6) What is one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?

7) How long have you been blogging?

8) What is one thing on the internet you couldn't live without and why?

9) If you could go travel anywhere, where would you go and why?

10) Ever had that infamous blonde moment? If so what's the dumbest thing you have ever done?

11) What the best movie you ever saw and why?












2 comments:

  1. FUN! Got nominated once before - and didn't get it done! I'm doing it this time!

    ReplyDelete