Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's Here At Last! It's Here At Last!

The Allison Bruning Book Club!
Welcome to my Book Club! A place where my fans can sit back, relax and discuss about my books. Each Wednesday I'll post about something from one of my books and we'll talk about. Got an idea or question to ask me? Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments.

It's FREE to join and participate. Just leave a comment below that you are interested.

Next Wednesday we will start our series with my book Calico. Calico is book one of the series Children of the Shawnee. You find on Amazon here http://amzn.to/JSNRpm
A haunting prophecy has been cast against her. In a harsh world deep within the western American territories of Ohio and Kentucky, French Duchess Calico Marie Turner must learn to survive among the Shawnee and to trust the one man who hates her the most, Chief Little Owl Quick as the Wind.Calico’s story will immerse you deeply into the world of the frontier Shawnee, where you will find characters at once surreal and totally believable. Bruning’s knowledge of Native American and colonial era language is captivating to read. Her understanding of the period clothing, habits, and lifestyle is evident as she weaves a tale that draws you in from the first chapter and leaves you hungry for more.

See you all on Wednesday!
Catch me tomorrow as we learn about Sequoyah: The Young Man

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this discussion, Allison. I plan on reading Calico and following these discussions at the same time. Should provide a great experience and deepen my understanding of the history behind your book and of your characters. This should be a great experience for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ed. I'm looking forward to all the wonderful discussions with my readers.

      Delete