Sunday, August 5, 2012

BlogFlash 2012/5: Aspergers

August 5, 2012 
Aspergers


Frustrated,
Confused,
I walk in a world,
Oblivious to the social cues,
Most people see.

My spatial, literacy intelligence superb
Yet mathematical and logic lost?
Daily frustrated by those who don’t understand.

“Stop playing games.
You just want attention,”
The teachers and professionals claim.

Oh, how I want people to understand me.
I’m alone in a world that doesn’t understand.

Am I naïve?
Am I dumb?
How can I live in a world when nothing makes sense?

Relationships gained, relationships gone.
Problems at work,
People’s feeling hurt
Yet I don’t understand why.

4 comments:

  1. Great post Alison.

    Thank you for taking part in Blog Flash this month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David. I'm enjoying the Blog Flash.

      Delete
  2. I really, really like this. How frustrating not to be able to communicate those frutsations.Very clever writing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am writing a book with a character who has Asperger's. He lives in the early 20th century when it wasn't recognized. I just got into his head and wrote this poem.

      Delete