Wednesday, August 22, 2012

#BlogFlash2012: Soccer and Mia Hamm

August 20, 2012
"Sports"

I haven't always been that much into sports except for when it comes to soccer!  I played soccer from 1st through 10th grades. I had fallen in love with the sport from an early age. I would watch the World's Cup and even cheered for a professional women's soccer league. I love the thrill of soccer! Sure, I was in track and cross country too but the one sport I couldn't wait to play was soccer! During my off season, I would take up track and cross country to help tone my body for running down the field. A long distance runner I played defense and midfielder. If you are a sprinter you do well on front. There's nothing like defending the goal. I was vicious and competitive. I wanted to be Mia Hamm! It's been a long time since I have played soccer let alone watched it. I will never forget my heroes, Mia Hamm and how she inspired girls everywhere to play in a mostly male dominated sport. 



No comments:

Post a Comment