Monday, November 19, 2012

CWA: High School, Super Spies, O My!


Another small town out in the middle of nowhere. This should be interesting yet very useful. The town you are visiting is in present day. That means you can stash what you have and make note of the where you left your stolen belongings so you can return to them after the tour. No one would suspect anything in a small town. It's not like you know anyone in Michigan anyways.

You walk down the road with the other members of the group. The smell of fresh air after the rain lifts into the air. Stormy clouds continue to linger, hinting to everyone they had left their mark on this quiet neighborhood. You clutch your satchel of goodies, scanning your surroundings. Rows of houses line up and down the hilly road. You feel as if everyone is watching you, waiting for you to make a mistake. There are just too many prying eyes in this small town.

Tasha turns and begins to walk backwards. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention." You turn your attention towards her. "We are going to meet our host at the local high school. I am so thrilled about this tour. You just won't believe what these high school students have been up to in this town. Why they are the best spies I have ever seen. And what an accomplishment for their age!"

Spies? Did Tasha just say spies? Oh, great. Well there goes your plans.


Small Town in the middle of nowhere
By: Loimere @http://www.flickr.com/photos/loimere/6266498606/


Hello Everyone! I hope all is well with you! I’m your tour guide today, my name is Sarah Cole and I’m going to take you through the quaint town of Harrisburg, Michigan.

I know what you’re thinking, Harrisburg Michigan? What’s so great about this tiny little burg. Well, I’ll tell you it’s not the sleepy little town that it appears to be. I was fooled too! In fact, I was so upset at the thought of being stuck in this podunk town for the summer that I was majorly depressed. Then I met my fashionista friend Jackie and that changed everything!

Harrisburg is so small that there are only two traffic lights along Main Street. That’s where I met the first interesting character of this town. She was dubbed the “Cat Lady” by the locals and the stories were spreading like wild fire. They claimed that she was a witch with magic powers. There were even rumors that people had gone into her home and had never come out. Of course, I didn’t believe any of this. I know there’s no such thing as witches, but try to convince Jackie of that.

The Cat Lady’s house is on Jefferson Street and that will be our first stop for today. You’ll be able to see where her murder happened and everything. I hope the sight of blood doesn’t make you puke. Just be prepared because it is kind of gross.
But before we stop there, I’d like to show you the hangout of Harrisburg. It’s right over there and it’s called Hinkle’s. They have the best cheeseburgers around and everyone goes there to gossip and discuss what’s happening with their families.
It’s decorated totally awesome too! They have Christmas lights year round and these really cool plaques with funny quotes on them.  Now, if we turn the corner we’ll be on Jefferson Street and we’ll just walk a few blocks and we’ll be at the Cat Lady’s.
Here we are the Cat Lady’s house. It’s the spookiest place in town.  See how the front porch sags?  It reminds me of the droopy smile of someone who has just received a shot of Novacaine. The windows give me the creeps too. They look like soulless, evil eyes watching me with wicked intent.

Did you know the Super Spies found the Cat Lady’s dead body? That’s right. J
It all started when Jackie, Lacey and I were playing Truth or Dare. Jackie dared me to go up on the porch and ring the old woman’s door bell. Of course, I did it, but when I looked in the window I saw the Cat Lady lying on the floor I freaked! I rushed inside and that’s when I realized she was dead.

It was totally gross and wouldn’t you know it, Jackie and Lacey didn’t believe me when I said that the she was dead. So I had to show them the body. While we were inside the police came and it was a total mess. But enough about that go ahead and peek in the windows and you’ll see all the blood. We can’t go inside because the doors are locked.

The next stop on our tour is the High School, or what’s left of it. You see it was bombed the first day of school. Can you even believe it?  Lacey and I were getting ready for school when it exploded. We heard it and everything. Of course, we had to investigate.

It’s right up the street and it’s totally demolished, but don’t worry The Super Spies and the FBI found the bombers. So it’s totally safe to go by there and take a look.
There it is, the bomb demolished the first floor and the second floor fell down where the first floor used to be. Now they’re cleaning it up and getting ready to rebuild the school.

Well, that’s the last stop on the tour. I’m heading down to Hinkle’s for a piece of their strawberry pie. Feel free to join me, it’s delish! J

This book opens in a small town in Michigan where Sarah and her sister Lacey are now living with their Aunt and Uncle. Still reeling from the fact her parents have disappeared, Sarah starts the school year with her new friend Jackie Jenkins. When Sarah learns the school has been bombed, she’s filled with dread. Uncle Walt is a teacher, and he was in the school when the bomb exploded. Taking matters into her own hands, Sarah decides to search for him. The rest of the Super Spies are right behind her. When a fireman chases them away from the school, Sarah becomes suspicious. She decides to investigate. The FBI arrives on the scene. Sarah realizes this bombing could have even bigger implications. Searching for the bombers, Sarah is introduced to the world of terrorism. She fears that the bombing and her parents’ disappearance are connected and terrorists are involved. To make matters worse, the bombers are determined to finish the job. Can the Super Spies find the bombers before it’s too late?








This book opens in a small town in Michigan where fifteen-year-old Sarah Cole is stuck spending the summer at her Aunt and Uncle’s with her sister, Lacey. She’s not happy with the situation until she befriends a girl named Jackie. The three girls stumble upon the ruthless murder of a reclusive neighborhood woman. One of the officers investigating the crime believes the girls are responsible for her death. Fearing that this officer will frame them for the murder, the girls organize their own detective squad. They become the Super Spies and start their own fact-finding mission.  The Super Spies can’t understand why anyone would want to murder the “Cat Lady” until they start digging into her past and discover a horrible crime that happened thirty years ago. They uncover a connection between the two crimes and attempt to bring this information to the police, only to be reprimanded for meddling in the inquest. Not only are the girls upset by the admonition, but they also struggle with the fact that their exuberant investigating could provide a legal loophole allowing the killer to go free. To make matters worse, the police don’t even believe them. Frustrated by this turn of events, the Super Spies realize it’s up to them to snare the Cat Lady killer, or die trying…

You can buy "The Super Spies and the Cat Lady Killer" at:

Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Super-Spies-Lady-Killer-ebook/dp/B007JZH61K

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-super-spies-and-the-cat-lady-killer-lisa-orchard/1109518725?ean=2940014338202

and "The Super Spies and the High School Bomber" at:

Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Super-Spies-School-Bomber-ebook/dp/B008P8O7OY

Barnes and Noble:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-super-spies-and-the-high-school-bomber-lisa-orchard/1112263058?ean=2940014992244
Who Is Lisa Orchard?



Hello! I'm Lisa Orchard and I want to tell you a little bit about myself.

I am the oldest of four children and grew up in a small town in Western Michigan. I grew up reading mysteries, starting with "The Bobbsey Twins" and "The Nancy Drew" series.

By fifth grade I was writing my own mysteries and illustrating them as well. I've always known that I wanted to be a writer and I tucked that little piece of information into the back of my brain; determined to take it out and use it when it was time.

After graduating from Central Michigan University with a Marketing Degree, I landed a sales job. I was on my way! After spending 13 years in the Insurance industry, I met my husband. We soon married and had two beautiful boys. I decided to stay home with my kids. A tough decision, but one I don't regret.

I did, however, miss the hustle and bustle of work - and working toward a goal. That is when the little voice inside my brain said, "It's time to write."

So I did, and "The Super Spies and the Cat Lady Killer" was born, followed by my new book, "The Super Spies and the High School Bomber." 

I am very excited as I begin this new "chapter" in my life.

You can contact Lisa at:


Twitter: https://twitter.com/lisaorchard1

Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisa-Orchard/328536613877060?ref=hl

Website:  www.lisaorchard.com







2 comments:

  1. Thanks Allison for allowing me to participate in your Tour! It was fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I've enjoyed it as well.

      Delete