Thursday, November 29, 2012

CWA:Paranormal Wonderings in Taylor Crossing, Colorado

The majestic Rocky Mountains surround you as the cruise ship descends into box canyon hidden away deep in the mountains. Despite the beauty of this place something just doesn't feel right. You wonder if your just being paranoid after the little incident yesterday in Scotland. The ship lands with a slight thump and you feel it settle into its place.

"Good morning, everyone,"Tasha's voice beams from over the speakers. "Today's tour will be an interesting one for us. We have been to several mysterious places and seem some incredible sights. You will need to keep your eyes focused today. While there are no dangers out here that warrant the use of the my unit there are some unexplained activity. Parents please keep your children close to you. Everyone you will not be allowed to leave the group to wander around today. I know it will be tempting to do so. This is a beautiful place. Yet most often it is the beauty of something that lures us towards the greatest of deceptions."

Most often it is the beauty of something that lures us towards the greatest of deceptions? Could Tasha be onto your deception? Nah, couldn't be. You had made certain to hide your tracks well. Or had you?

Lake O'Hara by Ben Lawson
@http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_lawson/153039391/


Hey, I’d welcome you to Taylor Crossing, Colorado.  But truthfully, right now I’m not sure you want to be here.  I’m Rory Callahan, and I’m a visitor here in Taylor Crossing, just like you.  How’d I come to this small tourist town in the mountains west of Boulder, Colorado?

It wasn’t the beautiful scenery, even though it’s spectacular, isn’t it?  Look at the lake – see the mountains reflecting on the lake’s surface?  Have you ever seen anything so incredible?  In the winter the snowcapped peaks are breathtaking, even though it’s freezing cold.

And across the lake, look past all the rowboats…can you see the cabin over there?  That’s where I’m staying.  It’s isolated over there, not another cabin anywhere nearby.  If you read my account of what happens in Taylor Crossing.  It’s called Nephilim Genesis of Evil.  In it, you’ll find out why that cabin is all by its lonesome, and you find out a whole lot more…

Back to why I’m here.  I’m a journalist, an expert in paranormal phenomena; I research not only ghosts and vampires, but other psychic phenomena, people supposedly coming back to life, séances, crop circles, and on and on.  I expose the charlatans and find the truth behind “unexplained” things.  But I came across something I couldn’t explain and that led me here.

Look around the town.  There’s a small general store, an art gallery, a quaint café, and a number of cabins for rent.  The Indian Peaks tower in the distance, pine trees create a verdant blanket over the rough terrain, and aspen trees shimmer green in the sunlight. Taylor Crossing is a slice of heaven in the Rocky Mountains.

But the town also has a dark past.  And something is happening now…I’m not sure what’s going on, but I think you’d better be on your way.  You don’t want to stay here, not now…



Blog:
Amazon link:

Author Bio:

Renée Pawlish is the award-winning author of the bestselling Nephilim Genesis of Evil, the first in the Nephilim trilogy, the Reed Ferguson mystery series (This Doesn't Happen In The Movies, Reel Estate Rip-off, The Maltese Felon, and the short story Elvis And The Sports Card Cheat), The Noah Winters YA Adventure series (The Emerald Quest), Take Five, a short story collection, and The Sallie House: Exposing the Beast Within, a nonfiction account of a haunted house investigation.

Ren
ée has been called “a promising new voice to the comic murder/mystery genre” and “a powerful storyteller”.  Nephilim Genesis of Evil has been compared to Stephen King and Frank Peretti.

3 comments:

  1. Great setting for a paranormal story, very intriguing. I love this kind of juxtaposition between an idyllic location and dark mystery. I'm quite keen to read Nephilim Genesis of Evil now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ed, I hope you give Nephilim a try. And thanks Allison for letting me share a bit about the story and myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I enjoyed reading your post.

      Delete