Thursday, December 27, 2012

CWA: The Secrets of #MarilynMonroe


The quiet cruise ship slowly sails to it's next location on the vast ocean. You sit next to your desk in the secret room the boy has shown you a few nights ago examining his journal. You've been down here for hours trying to connect the missing pieces of your mysterious puzzle. You had searched the maps, the journal and the odd pieces of writings you had found in the old desk but nothing made sense to you. It was almost as if you weren't the only one trying to connect the ship to strange to odd circumstances, controversies and cover-ups. You pushed the journal aside and examine several pieces of writing. It seemed to you that cruise ship was much older than you had originally thought. Tasha was just the newest captain in a long line of captains. Just how old was this ship anyways? There had been several keen observers, like yourself, who had questioned the ship. Some had solved mysteries and wrote them down while finding new unanswerable questions.

A slight chill in the air passed through the cabin. You knew what that feeling was. It had been there whenever the boy appeared to you. He was a nice ghost, often times offering you advice to help you answer some lingering question you couldn't solve on your own. "Hello," you call out. The temperature dropped even more. You grab you coat and and place it on. "Hello," you call out again then turned to around to see if your young friend is there. Nothing. You rise from your chair. "This isn't funny. If you want to help me then..." A familiar woman laughs. Suddenly,  Marilyn Monroe flashes before you as if she is stuck between the living and the dead. Your heart nearly jumps out of your chest. She disappears just as a book flies off the bookshelf and lands with a thump on your desk. You turn around to see it open by itself to a journal entry. Curious, you sit back down and begin to read.

Filmplakat "The true story" by brandbook.de
@http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandbook/5299611487/
While many believe that Marilyn Monroe was murdered on that fateful night in August 1962, the real question still remains. What was the actual reason for her demise? Marilyn was a well-loved personality who ran in all the right (or wrong) circles. What could she possibly know that was such a threat to someone that only her death would bring them security? Was it Hollywood and the finishing of the film she'd been fired from and then rehired on? Maybe it was her involvement in Las Vegas with the Rat Pack and mobsters or possibly her association with the Kennedys, especially Patricia and John F. that would lead to the ultimate sacrifice. In 1962, sinister forces were at work plotting to kill America's sex goddess to keep her from divulging deadly information. While mobster Sam Giancana played nice with Frank Sinatra, leader of the Rat Pack and America's favorite crooner. Frank was being equally nice to Peter Lawford, JFK's brother-in-law, in order to enter the political circles that Marilyn already had access too. As this circle was being completed one vital bit of information was passed on that would end the life of Marilyn Monroe or did it? In this 1960's conspiracy story, Marilyn Monroe is saved by Peter Lawford. Bobby Kennedy replaces the real Marilyn with a body double allowing the whole world to think she is dead. Badly beaten and bruised, Marilyn struggles to come to grips with her near death experience and the realization that everything she worked for is gone forever. The actress and sex goddess is dead.

Whoever had written the entry had your full attention. You flip the page to find an entry by Marilyn Monroe. It had obviously been entered after she had died but how? How can a ghost write a journal entry?

Marilyn Monroe by Shavar Ross
@http://www.flickr.com/photos/shavar/4397392481/

My life was such a mess.  I had gotten in way over my head and I knew it.  Hell everyone knew it.   On the outside it was much the same life as I’d lived for the past eight or ten years.  My smiling face was plastered on the covers of magazines and hung on walls in many a barracks as the pin up girl they loved most.  Yes, on the outside it looked like I had it made but on the inside, on the inside it was a totally different thing.

My ‘killer’ suggested to the world that I had overdosed on Nembutal.  Truth is I know how to take my drugs.  I’ve been slowly weaning myself off of them for weeks now.  I’ve even fired Dr. Greenson, my psychoanalyst.  My romances are widely followed and in the public eye.  But this romance was different enough that it was dangerous, this romance turned out to be deadly (but not for me) even though it was hushed up.

Why the cover up?  Why the intrigue and mystery?  What have I done to get myself killed?  The answer is really simple.  I know too much.

Despite my public image, I have a 168 IQ level.  Many people say that is about the same IQ that Albert Einstein has but I know him and he’s smarter, by a long shot, than I’ll ever be.  My sex goddess, dumb blonde image has to end in order for me to help figure out the real problem in this story. 

Who wanted me dead?  The short answer is everyone.  It’s not as if the major politicians worldwide watched what they were saying in my presence.  I have entrée into every society including the mafia, Castro’s communist world, Hollywood and of course the politicians here in the United States.  I know all of the dirty secrets each and every one of them have.  It was only a matter of time before someone realized that I knew the secret.

Here’s the secret someone wants to assassinate our president, John F. Kennedy and I know why.  I even know who’s behind it but I need proof.   Come along with me on my journey to uncover the truth.  I can’t tell you any more or you may be in danger.





Who are K.R. Hughes and T.L. Burns?


K. R. Hughes
Hughes is an English major from Texas. She enjoys writing with her co-author T.L. Burns. They are currently working on the sequel to "What She Knew". The fast paced novel that finishes telling the story.
Hughes enjoys working with budding writers and tutoring English.
Find other works by this author in the Historical Romance section, pen name is Kymber Lee, "Treasured Love" is a fun romp written in Regency England in 1811. Lee (Hughes) wrote this novel for her grandmother who is a huge supporter of her work.

T.L Burns

As my co-author puts it "I am the foremost researcher and historical guru for our novel "What She Knew." Our novel was just released March of 2012. She and I are busily working on the sequel, "What She Knew Too, The saga continues." You can learn more about them at our website www.whatsheknew.com.

I am originally from California (desert region, with mountains), spent nearly 20 years in the panhandle of Texas (again, desert region only without the mountains) and now reside in Atlanta, GA. Trees and flowers everywhere!! Even the weeds are green and lush! I feel like I'm living in a postcard!! And, no wind! The desert regions are sooooo windy.

I've been married for 32 years! Woo Hoo! And, to the same man!! That's an accomplishment, and not because of our present times. If you knew my hubby, then you'd know why. LOL! No, all joking aside, he's a great guy and my biggest supporter! He always believes in my writing, even if I doubt at times.

We have two grown sons; both of them are perfect in every way, except for the parts that take after their dad, lol!! One serves our country in the Army, is married to a beautiful woman and has three beautiful children. Our other son is about to graduate from College with his first degree in Modern Languages and then continue on for his Engineering degree. Needless to say, we are so very proud of the wonderful young men our sons have turned out to be. We also have one pupple (puppy/people) living at home with us, Binford. Now, he really is perfect in every way!




2 comments:

  1. OMG! Allison you totally rock! Thank you so much for the coolest post, ever!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really enjoyed reading your post. Thanks for participating in the cruise. :-)

      Delete