Thursday, January 31, 2013

A #Cover #Artist #Angel - Elizabeth Delana Rose




January 31

Inspire Your Heart
 With Art
Day

Art has been inspiring mankind since prehistory. The creative muse sings to literary, performing and visual artists all over the world. Most artists would tell you their muse likes to sing when they are least to expect it. You can't force the creativity but you can stop it. When that happens it becomes the worst period of time for any artist. Art speaks volumes to those who are to listen. We can learn math through music, life lessons through stories and an appreciation for the world around through visual arts. Art allows us to leave behind our mundane life and explore a new world. Often times the experience transforms us into a better person. 

Visual, performing and literary artists have often been the most misunderstood of all people throughout the world. Let's face it, all artists challenge the norms of society. We just don't like to think in the box. As an author I depend upon a graphic artists to grab my readers attention. When readers are shopping for a book they don't care what publishing company you used. Humans are visual creatures. We are attracted to a book by what appeals to our eyes. Once the reader picks the book up they will flip to the back and read the synopsis. If the book sounds and looks interesting enough they'll buy it. If not, then the author has just lost a sale. That is why it is so important for an author to have a great graphic artist. 


The cover for my new book, Passions Awakening, was designed by very talented graphic artist, Elizabeth Delana Rosa. Some of her other work can be seen in the banner at the beginning of this post. Elizabeth and I met last summer while we were participating on the Tasha Turner Virtual Blog Tour. We quickly became friends. She even designed the cruise ship logo for my Crusin' With Allison tour. When Elizabeth learned I was going to expand into the erotica fantasy genre she was very delighted and offered to create the covers. I was very honored. I have always admired Elizabeth's work. Her work of the highest quality. I accepted and she presented the cover to me the following day. When I asked her why she had decided to help me she replied,  

I liked having a chance to create and help a friend at the same time. Every book is a dream fulfilled and it's nice to be a part of that vision.

Elizabeth understand the struggles all writers go through because she not only a graphic artist but an author as well. Her first book, Child of the Loch, was released November 27, 2012 and can be found on Amazon at  http://amzn.to/XVaLzn

 I have always been a writer. When I first learned to write in Kindergarten, I wrote about pigs who "groo" wings and became "butterfys." I knew way back then that I would have a love affair with writing. It over took my life and has been a constant companion. Now over 20 years later, that love flows over into writing blogs, reviews, poetry and fantasy novels. Lastly I am a big nerd. I love Fantasy, YA, Paranormal Romance, and Sci-Fi books. My dream is to is to promote Authors and help them reach the highest level of Success, while writing my own Fantasy Novels.



You can contact her at http://elizabethdrosa.com or email her at Elizabeth@elizabethdrosa.com









No comments:

Post a Comment