Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My #Blog Has Won the 2013 #Liebster Award!


I want to thank my fellow author, blogger and friend Bruce Blake for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award. His blog can be found at http://bruceblake.wordpress.com.

What is the Liebster Blog Award?
http://www.iamhangingtough.com/2012/11/a-liebster-award-nomination-for-life.html


The rules are simple enough to follow:


  1. A link back to the one who nominated you.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator set for you in your post.
  3. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  4. Create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer in their post.
  5. Nominate 11 people and link your nominees' websites in your post.
  6. Go to their page and tell them.

Eleven Facts About Allison

1) I love cheesecake more than chocolate cake.

2) My favorite dog breed are  Chows Chows. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chow_Chow

3) I was a dancer in the Sul Ross State University Baile Folklorico dance team in college. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baile_Folkl√≥rico

4) I am a Trekkie.

5) I love dragons.

6) I dug with palentologist Jack Horner, who was the technical advisor to the Jurassic Park films, the summer between my junior and senior years in High School. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Horner_(paleontologist)  

7) I have always wanted to travel to Germany, Israel, Ireland, and Great Britian.

8) I dream of going on a cruise with my husband someday.

9) My brother and I are twenty years apart in age almost to the day. I was due to be born on his b-day but decided to wait a week before I entered the world.

10) I love to play on a Pinball machine.

11) I don't like coffee. I might be the only writer I know that can't stand the stuff.


Bruce's Questions
Here are the eleven questions Bruce sent to me with their answers.


1. Who is the most famous person you’ve ever met?

Marina Sirtis (Counselor Troi on Star Trek: TNG) , Nichelle Nichols (Lt. Uhura of Star Trek), Margaret "Daisy Doots" Gordon (she was the first Girl Scout), and Jake Horner.

2. What article of clothing could you not do without?

Hmm, other than underwear? I would have to say my blue jeans.

3. You have one meal left before you are put to death. What would you eat and what did you do to be condemned?

Eat: Three cheese lasagna, broccoli with cheese, and dark chocolate cake. With red wine to drink, of course.

What did I do? I'm taking that with me to my grave. MUUUWWWAAAAHHHH!!!!

4. If you were a computer program, which one would you be?

World of Warcraft because I like to be social, work together with other people to get something done and bring out the best in people.

5. What book have you read that you most wished you had written?

Mary Called Magdalene by Margaret George

6. If you could only own one movie, which one would it be?

Last of the Mohicans

7. Sweet or savoury?

Sweet

8. Would you rather give a speech in front of a large audience or touch your tongue to frozen metal?

Give a speech

9. If you had your choice, are you an early bird or a late riser?

Early bird

10. You have a new pet and it is entirely up to you to name the beast. What kind of animal is it and what do you call it?

Horse, named Princess

11. If you could recommend one non-fiction book, which one would it be?

My own? http://www.amazon.com/Reflections-Poems-Essays-ebook/dp/B00AC1DB7G



Ok,  now it's my turn. Here are the eleven questions I have selected for the blogs I am nominating. 

1) Where was your first kiss and how old were you?

2) You're stranded on an island with only a paperback. What's in the bag?

3) If you could go back in history where would you go and who would you spend the day with? Why? 

4) Do you have a sweet tooth? What does it crave the most?

5) You and one other person are the last people on earth. Who is that person and why?

6) Where would your dream home be located?

7) What is your most cherished possession? Why?

8) Favorite color?

9) What's your dream car?

10) Favorite movie?

11) What is your favorite song and why?

Ok here are the eleven people I chose.

1) Ellie Mack

2) Krystol Diggs

3) Aurora Martinez

4) Brian Bigalow

5) Dan Peyton

6) Brad Fleming

7) Lisa Cole Orchard

8) Cheryl Butler Stahl

9) Tasha Turner

10) Jennie Jarvis

11) Laci Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment