Monday, March 11, 2013

Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with A #FREE BOOK

St. Patrick's Day 2007
By: Out.of.Focus
@http://www.flickr.com/photos/11513812@N02/3373576320/

March 11

Hear ye! Hear ye!

You don't want to miss this news. 

I may not be Irish Catholic but Saint Patrick's Day is one of the most important holidays of the year for me. My maternal grandmother was of Appalachian Irish descent. Grandma Carr was one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She taught me to honor my parents, love God, never forget my Irish heritage and to never stop writing. She had recognized my creative writing skills when I was in Kindergarten and encouraged me to explore that creativity throughout my life. 

My grandmother was always there when I needed her the most. She had four children, ten grandchildren and eleven great children yet she always made each of feel as if we her most cherished person in the world. My grandmother loved children. She was always adopting others as her grandchildren. She could play any musical instrument and learn any song by ear. Staying true to her Appalachian Irish roots, she valued her faith, family and music. 

I lost my Grandmother Carr in 2006 and poured my grief into a poem titled "Grandma". "Grandma" is included in my latest book Reflections: Poems and Essays

I have decided to honor my Grandma Carr and her heritage this year with a three day giveaway of my ebook Reflections: Poems and Essays starting Friday, March 15 and ending on St. Patrick's Day, Sunday, March 17th. You don't want to miss this. 





You can download your free copy of Reflections: Poems and Essays this weekend at




No comments:

Post a Comment