Monday, March 11, 2013

#Paranormal Legacy



March 10

Paranormal Legacy

I'm taking a break from our Tudor Troubles series today to introduce to you author, Caitlin Hensley. Caitlin's book, Paranormal Legacy, is book one of the Inhuman Chronicles and is for young adult readers.

Welcome to my blog today, Caitlin.

Thank you.

Can you tell us what your book is about?

After moving to a rural Pennsylvania town, cynical teen Haily Long soon discovers that the next-door neighbors are paranormal creatures of darkness. Despite this little quirk, the Knight family seems friendly enough, especially handsome Nathan. Nathan is well-mannered and polite, your typical boy next door . . . except for the fact that he turns into something else once a month. In a matter of days, Haily is drawn deep into a shadowed world of danger and deceit, and learns startling truths about her own past. When sinister strangers come sniffing around town for Nathan, and Haily gets pulled into the resulting chaos, she must discover how to unlock her true heritage if she wants to survive.

Sounds very interesting. May we read an excerpt from your book?

Yes.


There’s a noise behind me, a floorboard groaning under a cautious foot. I start to turn, but a sweaty hand clamps over my mouth, forcing my lips shut.
My attacker shoves me down onto the bed, and I bounce twice on the mattress, smacking my head against the headboard.
I squint up at the figure looming over me, standing beside my bed. It takes a moment for the blur that’s his face to snap into focus, then I recognize him. It’s the guy from the coffee shop.
“What the . . . what are you doing in my room?”



Who or what inspired you to become an author?

I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember, so I’m not sure what initially set me off. I used to sit down and fill up notebooks with lines of messy writing, then I called my little sister into the room and read her my stories right there on the spot. What really inspired me to polish up my craft was a combination of a great book on writing that I checked out from the library, and my first ever writing class.

How many books have you written?

Nine, I think. Right now numbers 10-14 are in various stages of being written.

Who is your favorite character in Paranormal Legacy?

Jake West, probably. He’s a sarcastic hawk shifter, and he was so much fun to write.

Are any of the characters in your book based on people you know?

Not really. Though occasionally I steal people’s first and last names and blend them together to create character names.

When you read, what is your favorite genre?

I read just about anything in the way of YA fiction. I’m not terribly picky. :)

Have any new authors grasped your interest?

I just finished a book by Trish Marie Dawson, and it was fantastic!

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve Googled?

Recently, I’ve Googled things like “all about embalming process,” “how to crawl through a ventilation shaft,” and “what can happen to someone has too much blood drawn.” And those are nothing compared to some of the things I’ve Googled over the years. If the police ever looked at my computer search history, I think they’d be pretty suspicious of me. lol

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

I think it would be cool to turn invisible. Or maybe fly.


Thank you for you time.  

Who is Caitlin Hensley?

Caitlin Hensley has been telling stories since she learned to hold a pen, and is pretty much obsessed with writing. She’s the author of The Inhuman Chronicles, as well as the novelette Together Alone. When not typing frantically on her laptop, she’s usually dancing, catching up on reruns of her favorite TV shows, or getting lost in a great book. She lives in rural Oklahoma with her family and a slightly nutty Chihuahua.


Links:

4 comments: