Monday, May 6, 2013

I won the #Liebster #Blog Award! #Iamwriting #Iamreading


And
Goes to
Allison Bruning!

Wow! I am so humble by this award. The Liebster Award is given to a blog that has less than 200 followers. Liebster in German means sweetest, nicest, kindest, dearest, beloved,  kind, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It is given to blogs that share those attributes. This is the third time I have received this award.

I want to thank Eleni Muller at http://philophrosyne-publishing.com for nominating me for this award. Eleni is an author from Hawaii and writes under the name of Eleni Papanou. You can read her Liebster Blog Award entry on her blog at http://philophrosyne-publishing.com/2013/04/11/liebster-blog-award-challenge/

Here are the rules:

1. Mention eleven random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the eleven questions that Eleni Muller asked me.
3. Find eleven people and do the same.

So here we go!



11 Random Facts About Allison Bruning

1) I once danced Ballet Folklorico de Mexico during college at Sul Ross State University.

2) I love Christian Contemporary Music concerts. I think I'm addicted to them.

3) I have two hometowns. Alpine, Texas and Marion, Ohio.

4) I am a self proclaimed choco-holic. The darker, the better.

5) I was adopted by a Delaware Native American woman who says I'm more of her sister then her own sister.

6) I went on my first archaeological dig when I was in Mount Vernon High School in Mt.Vernon, Ohio. I fell in love with archaeology that weekend and for the longest time I thought about pursuing it as a career.

7) I'm an expert in Native American culture, history and archaeology.

8) It's all about soccer with me. I played soccer from 1st through 10th grades and dreamed of playing professionally after high school.

9) I went on an RV trip with my grandparents and mother for my graduation present from Texas to Alaska.

10) I was adopted by a Mexican family when I taught school in Presidio, Texas.


11 Random Questions from Eleni

1. What fictional character would you love to be for a day?

Laura Ingalls Wilder. I would love to live the life of a pioneer girl who saw the expansion of our country. Sometimes when we are travelling through Kentucky I try to imagine what life must have been like for the pioneers who crossed into the wilderness. I think in our minds we romanticize about like back then and don't realize just how hard life was. It was a different life where family and neighbors meant more than they do today.

2. What is the hardest aspect of writing for you?

Balancing the artistic and logical side in me. I tend to lean more towards art than structure yet I have learned the value of placing your story in an outline or paradigm before writing. Structure allows the writer more freedom because it doesn't allow for the story to run away on needless tangents or for you to chase plot bunnies needlessly down the rabbit holes of story destruction.

3. What three historical figures would you love to share a cup of coffee and conversation with?

Oh, easy!!!

A) Queen Elizabeth Tudor, the Pirate Queen. She fascinates me because she was so strong, wise and determined. She was ahead of her time.

B) William Shakespeare, the Bard. What isn't there to love about the man?

and

C) Laura Ingalls Wilder. Oh, to hear her stories.

4. If you weren't an author, what else would you be doing?

I'd be an archaeologist.

5. On you're deathbed, far into the future, how do you want to be remembered?

The woman who loved everyone and inspired others to chase after their dreams.

6. Do you believe in an afterlife?

Yes. I'm a born again Christian. I'm not religious.

7. What is your favorite book, movie, and album?

There's so many to choose from. Let's see.

Book - The Little House series, Inheritance Cycle, Twilight series, Harry Potter series and anything by Margaret George.

Movie - The Princess Bride

Album - Anything by Celtic Woman.

8. Name the worst aspect of humanity.

Our selfishness and greed.

9. Name the best aspect of humanity.

Our ability to love.

10. If an alien landed on Earth and asked you to go with him or her, but that you'd never be able to return home, would you go. Why or why not?

No, because I love my husband and dog. I would want them to come with me, too.

Can I sell my books there?

11. Do you believe intelligent life exists beyond this planet? Why or why not?

Yes, because I don't think the God would create so many planets without a purpose. Our universe is huge!

I nominate......
So here's the rules again.

I nominate:

1) Elizabeth Dela Rosa - www.elizabethdrosa.com

2) Ellie Mack - http://quotidiandose.wordpress.com/

3) Aurora Martinez - www.crimsonflowerreview.com

4) Jess Cox - www.raycorngrower.com

5) Stevan Richards -  stevanrichards.thoughts.com

6) Aya Walksfar - http://ayawalksfar.com

7) Jacqueline Driggers -  http://jdshare.blogspot.com/

8) Jesse Kaellis - http://www.jessekaellis.com

9) Angela Searles - www.angelasearles.blogspot.com

10) Veronica Cronin - croninandhanrahan@blogspot.com

11) Krystol Diggs - http://www.krystoldiggspublishing.com

And here is the official award my nominees can post it on their blog.
Here's My 11 Questions for My Vict....Uhm, nominees. :-)

1) Whose your hero and why?

2) Why did you become an author?

3) Who or what inspires you?

4) If you could encourage your fans with one phrase, what would that phrase be?

5) What is your favorite genre to read? Why?

6) What is your favorite genre to write? Why?

7) If you could be any superhero for a day who would you want to be and why?

8) Quick: Favorite Ice Cream Flavor

9) Quick: Favorite Candy Bar

10) You have only ten seconds to save an item in your burning house. What do you take and why?

11) Who is the greatest figure to have ever lived and why?



2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers and learning more about you. And I agree with your comment about structure. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I really enjoyed it.

      Delete