Monday, August 5, 2013

I'm a #CampNaNoWriMo Winner!



Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I have had the chance to write. The last time I posted something I told you that I was moving to my hometown. We'll I've had to update this blog posting because we didn't move to Marion, Ohio. Instead my husband and I have ended up in Indianapolis, Indiana. We moved here on August 8th where we lived in a hotel until we could find an apartment.

Last week, we moved into our beautiful one bedroom apartment where our backyard is a fishing pond. We have made some new friends and have enjoyed our time in our new state.

My Camp NaNoWriMo novel will be released this month. Elsa (The Secret Heritage Series: Book 1) is loosely based on the life of my great great grandmother Elva Russell. The series will trace her life as she tries to hold together her family through the turbulent times caused by many factors. I hold this book near and dear to my heart more so than Calico because the characters and circumstances are based on my own family heritage. 



Next month I will have another novel release. I am currently working on it in true CampNaNoWriMo fashion. I challenge myself to write a chapter a day with no less than 2,000 words every morning. Passions Awakenings (Draconian Corazon: Book 1) is something different for me. It's a high fantasy erotica series. So that should be very interesting to write and edit. I can't wait to see what my readers think about it. 

Well until next time. Keep chasing your dreams and never let them go. 

Allison

5 comments:

  1. Hi Allison,
    I'm visiting from IWSG to say hi and encourage you, buuut, it sounds like stuff is going great for you! Congrats on the release of your new books. How special that you're writing about your family. Also, good luck with the move. We've done several cross-country road trips (CO to MD and back) and driving through Ohio is our favorite part. It's just SO gorgeous.
    Tina @ Life is Good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina. I think my heart has always been in Ohio but my body elsewhere. I keep writing about it.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning! I also won this year. :-D

    Best of luck with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. 2,000 words a day is awesome. Good luck with getting the book together, sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete