Tuesday, May 27, 2014

#ExpressYourself: Genealogical Insights from an Unlikely Source #genealogy #history #research


This year I was the first year that I participated in the A to Z Challenge. I met some wonderful bloggers while participating. Unfortunately, I was unable to finish the challenge because I was moving. I really enjoyed reading the blogs that had to do with genealogy. To be honest, I had never heard of blogs for genealogical research. I have been researching my family's tree since I was nine years old. I still have some members of our family that are unknown to me and have been hard to track down. One of those members has been the woman Elva Russell. I never knew who she was until a few years ago. Her life's story inspired me to write Elsa and the other books of The Secret Heritage series.

One of the genealogical blogs that stuck out the most to me was the post H is for Hospital Records on the blog Anne's Family History. In all my years of conducting research I would have never thought of looking up hospital records. When I read her blog post it was like "Duh, why didn't I think of that before?" It was such a great moment.

2 comments:

  1. I found by chance your blog had mentioned mine :) I am gald that you found the idea useful. Have you had any lick? Regards Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,
      Thank you for visiting my blog. I haven't had the chance to look through any hospital records yet. I don't live near the town where they would be.
      Allison

      Delete