Tuesday, May 20, 2014

#ExpressYourself: Grandma's Dorothy Lamour #family #creativity #Hollywood



Welcome back to the Express Yourself Weekly Blog Hop. This week I was asked the question if I have ever known someone or dated someone who could be a celebrity twin. That's a hard question because I rarely notice things like that. I'm not into fashion, makeup or stuff like that. Don't get me wrong I do wear makeup. LOL!

My grandfather had names for all the grandchildren. To him I was peanut. I have always cherished that but what I cherish more is the nickname my grandmother gave me. Grandma Carr didn't nickname her grandchildren but she did give me one. When I was little my grandmother use to compare me to Dorothy Lamour. She said she could listen to my singing all day long because my voice sounded so much like hers.


My grandmother always called me her little "Dorothy Lamour." When I was older she told me I not only sang like her but looked like her as well. It wasn't any surprise to her that I chose to pursue a theater arts degree in college nor that I was accepted into the National Honor Society for Theater Arts my senior year at Sul Ross State University. I had been singing and acting on stage since before I could remember. My grandmother recognized that I was a creative soul and she encouraged me to explore my creativity. I was her little Dorothy Lamour until the day she died. 

s

No comments:

Post a Comment