Friday, May 16, 2014

#LiteraryBlessings: I'm on my way!



Happy Friday!

This week has been a week of changes for me. As with any of life's changes, I have had a hard time adjusting. I have always done the best when I am on a strict routine and when changes occur it throws me for a loop. I've been getting better at accepting change in my life. The changes that occurred this week are for the best and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Last weekend I was accepted by a literary manager. I have always dreamed of having my books with a Big 6 company and my stories on the big screen, television, games, and in comics. I learned at Full Sail that if I wanted a successful career as a writer I needed to build a great team to surround that included a manager, agent and entertainment lawyer. I was also taught the first person you want to seek out is a literary manager. The manager finds the agent and the attorney for you. I took the lesson to heart and began my search.

My small blessing this week are the changes that have occurred since Craig Michael Lewis became my manager. As many of you know I own Mountain Springs House. Craig immediately took control of my company so I could have more time to devote to my writing. He combined Mountain Springs House and our graphics company, Mountain Springs Graphics together then made some major changes to the company. These changes are for the best. The best part of having a manager has been the new found freedom that I have. Craig's interest are in my best interest. He not only runs my company now but also manages my writing career. I love having someone who can guide my wayward literary thoughts into something productive. I love that I don't have to worry about handling the business side of my writing. I'm still involved in my writing career. I still market my books but with Craig by my side I am able to reach farther with my literary projects.

God sent me an angel this weekend and I can just be me. What a blessing!







4 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding an agent that you are happy with and moving on in your career...best of luck!
    ~Katie
    TheCyborgMom
    Visual Proof

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. What exciting news!!! You seem like you are on the right path and you have a fully-developed plan for moving forward.

    ReplyDelete