Friday, June 20, 2014

#Blessings: A Terracota Warrior invasion at the Children's Museum


This week I had the one of the most amazing opportunities. I was able to scratch something off my bucket list that I thought I would have never been able to do without going to China. I've waited years, just to look face to face with a terracota warrior. You have no idea how long and hard I have dreamed of doing that.

My bucket list contains archaeological delights such as:

See the Great Wall of China
Visit the Parthenon in Greece
Climb up the stairs of Tenochtitlan
See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
See the Egyptian Sphinx

I was so excited when I saw this commercial on TV.


The Children's Museum in Indianapolis is the only place in the United States where you can see actual Terracotta warriors. They are on loan to the museum from Xi'an, China until November. 
Well you know I just had to go!


What is something on your bucket list?

6 comments:

  1. The Parthenon in Greece & the Leaning Tower of Pisa -- sounds good. Both great to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Yay on crossing things off! We have two of the same items in our bucket list - Greece and The Sphinx. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a wonderful opportunity that came to your doorstep. I've always wanted to go to Australia. My daughter will be flying home from there tomorrow.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/06/mm-celebrate-me.html

    ReplyDelete