Tuesday, June 17, 2014

#ExpressYourself: Overcoming Nightmares of Witches


Welcome to this week's Express Yourself Weekly Meme. This week I was asked what the scariest movie I've watched or book that I read that made me unable to sleep?

When I was a kid I was always scared of witches and vampires. I remember the first time I saw this scene in the Wizard of Oz. The Witch of the West was so scary. I had nightmares for a long time about that witch.



Now that I'm an adult I look back at that scene and just laugh. How could I have been scared of that!

I'm obsessed with all things Wizard of Oz. The Wizard of Oz has such strong characters and world building. As I grew older I read every book of the Oz series. I would watch the movies and the TV shows. When I heard about Wicked I immediatly wanted to see it on Broadway but lived too far away. I want to read the book and see it on stage. I had come to Indianapolis but my husband and I were unable to go. I really hope they make a movie version of Wicked.


Last year, I watched Oz and was delighted to learn that Once Upon a Time was featuring the story. I'm a faithful Once Upon A Time watcher. I love the way they retell classical stories for adults. Here's the scene where Zelena meets Dorothy for the first time.

<

2 comments:

  1. They did a release of The Wizard of Oz in theatres, so my sister and I went to see it. I want to see Wicked SO badly, but with Edina and Kristen! Or at least live. lol (Yay, fellow Oncer!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing about Wicked! :-)

      Delete