Friday, June 13, 2014

#SmallBlessings: My friend, the dietician.



Happy Friday!

Can you believe next week will be the middle of June already? Where has the time gone by?
This week my small blessing was a visit to the dietician. In 2002, I was diagnoised with a severe case of Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I have had to change my lifestyle in order to control my health. Having PCOS is a never ending battle with weight gain and other health concerns. I have always been told by my doctors that I need a dietician. I went for years without consulting one. I had bought a book called the PCOS handbook that helps you with diet, exercise and other matters relating to PCOS. I thought I had the diet down but things happened in my life and I slacked off of it. That was one of the worst mistakes I could have ever made.

This week I finally visited with a dietician. It was wonderful. She has helped me get back on my diet and is helping me to monitor my diet/exercise routine. It feels so great to be back on the healthy living track.

3 comments:

  1. That is great news! A friend of mine is dealing with PCOS too so I know how tough it can be. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's hard but I'm not going to give up.

      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete