Sunday, August 10, 2014

What'sUpWithAllison: New stories and camp? #IamWriting #Camp





Good Morning! This summer has been full of changes for me as an author, publisher and educator. My writing routine was interrupted this summer but no longer. I am currently working on rewriting Calico with the protagonist being her husband. I also will have two more shorts coming out soon. One is a paranormal story that takes place in the Big Bend region of Texas. The Lady of Wild Rose Pass is based on a ghost legend from that area. My second short is a Christian short titled Where Grace and Faith Collide. It is based on a true story that happened in my family. That short story became the inspiration for my movie, Field of Grace. I am working on converting the movie to novel format. I am so excited to be back to writing and look forward to publishing more stories for my readers to enjoy.

Ok, so what's up with the camp song in the video? Well, I am pleased to announce that I am starting a writing program for all ages called Arts in the Parks. It's a writer's retreat that takes place in the local, state, and national park systems for students from K through adult. I am still working on the website for the program but as soon as I have it all in place I will make the big announcement. Arts in the Parks is more than a writer's retreat. I will also have day camps for the performing and visual arts. It is my goal to have the curriculum implemented throughout the nation. I plan to start in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan and Illinois.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on everything you have going on creatively! Progress and productivity are the best place for a writer to be.

    ReplyDelete