Sunday, December 21, 2014

What'sUpWithAllison: Christmas is Here


What's Up With Allison?
Christmas is Here!




Hello! These past few weeks have been insane. Our students were released two weeks ago for their winter break and I've been using my inservice time to write this year's social studies curriculum. It's been a blast. So please forgive me if I haven't been on much lately. 

This week is Christmas. Can you believe the year has blown by so fast? This Christmas my husband and I will be staying at home. I'm still in school this week and I fly out to Washington D.C. on December 26th to attend the first of four residencies for my Ph.D in Education program. I am so excited for the trip. Not only because it's a step towards achieving on of my long time goals but because I get to meet my best friend for the first time. Krystol and I meet online at Full Sail University. We went through the MFA in Creative Writing program together. 



Krystol encouraged me to pursue my Ph.D. in Education. It was something I have always wanted to do but I was in a time in my life where I was about to give up on all my dreams. Thankfully, Krystol convinced me to never stop dreaming and never stop trying. I'm so grateful she was there. 

This week my blog is back up and running except that I have decided to remove the Louisiana series and replace it with my Shawnee series. I have four WIP's novels. I was working on the Louisiana one but I really feel like I need to finish Lies and Deceit. Lies and Deceit is the new first book in the Children of the Shawnee series. Here's the cover for it. 


Everything else will remain the same on my blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment