Thursday, May 28, 2015

#ArmchairBEA: Social Media


Social Media 
Welcome back to the Armchair BEA 2015 on my blog. Today we are talking about social media. As an author, I mainly use social media to stay in contact with my readers. I have several different social media sites that I maintain on a daily basis. 

I have been blogging for five years on this blog site. My weekly schedule has grown from one or two blog postings to almost everyday. I eventually has so many posts that I took down a few and placed them in an anthology. My typical weekly blog schedule looks like this:

Sunday - What's up with Allison?


This is a little weekly meme that I picked up from a blogger last year from the Armchair BEA. I use it to keep in touch with my fans on what has been going on in my life and what I am working on.

Monday - Lightening the Way: Teaching the Gifted Child


I started this blog series a few months ago after I realized all the information I was learning about gifted education in my PhD program was something that educators and administrators could use right now. It wasn't something so far fetched for my readers to see something about education on my blog. When I was promoting Elsa I would write many posts about Aspergers and Autism. 

I am not only an accomplished author but an educator as well. I'm gifted and like many gifted adults the educational system failed me because educators don't understand that being gifted doesn't mean we have it all together. It's quite the contrary. There's a reason gifted education is part of the special education system. I want to change the way gifted students and adults are taught in America. 

Tuesday/Thursday - Historical Post 

My Tuesday and Thursday posts are still set to the same schedule that I had them on when I began blogging. On Tuesday's I blog about situations, events, etc that are related to my previously released book. My blog is currently focusing on the development of the Native American cultures in Ohio because it relates to my first book, Calico. Calico isn't my most currently released novel but I am promoting it because I am currently working on the sequel, Lies and Deceit. Both books are part of the Children of the Shawnee series which is a historical romance series set in 18th century Ohio from the Shawnee's perspective. 

On Thursdays, I tend to blog about events, circumstances and situations that relate to my current work in progress or WIP. Since I am currently working on Lies and Deceit I am writing posts that have to deal with Shawnee culture and traditions. 

Wednesday - Express Yourself

 This is another weekly blog meme that I picked up at ArmchairBEA last year. It's a fun event that allows my readers to get to know more about me. You never know what I will be writing about from week to week. 

Other Social Media
I have other social media sites that I tend to frequent as well. 


8 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued with your weekly post about GT education. I need to check back soon!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/05/armchair-bea.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that social media is different for an author than for a blogger. I am more interested in interacting with others about what we are posting and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of social media sites, especially facebook pages, to keep up with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, Julie. When I started the Facebook pages I had the idea of each of my series getting their own publicity. But it's become more of a problem for me in order to keep up with it. I did try to use Google+ pages for my books but I haven't been able to figure out Google+ yet.

      Delete
  4. I have a hard time keeping to a 3X per week posting schedule, so good for you for posting daily! Not familiar with the Express Yourself meme so will have to check that one out. I'm still working on sharing my life on my blog as I'm so used to keeping everything private.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets kind of hectic sometimes but I try to keep up.

      Delete
  5. I have a lot of stalking to do... lol... you have every channel known to man! :-)

    ReplyDelete