Wednesday, May 27, 2015

#ExpressYourself: May Day! May Day! It's All About Allison Day!


Welcome back to the Express Yourself Blog Hop. This week's posts I will be making up for all the posts I have missed this month. It's been a crazy month for me. Just insane. But I haven't forgotten my readers. I love all of my fans! I want to warmly welcome any new readers who have found my blog via the ArmChair BEA.

This month's questions were the following:


So here we go......

Question #1:  Tell us about something I haven't tried yet, but would like to. 

I would love to take a cruise from the United States to Europe. I think it would be the most amazing thing ever. I have always loved to travel. My father was a diver and I have always shared his love for the water. I think it would be romantic to go on a cruise with my husband.

Question #2:  We are 1/3 of the way through the year. Name something you have achieved so far?

Last September, I started my academic journey towards obtaining my PhD in Education. I can't believe I am about to start my fourth quarter of studies at Walden University. I have throughly enjoyed all my classes. I look forward to more of my studies. My educational goal is to open a private academy for gifted students and a resident camp for the arts.

Question #3:  What quirks does your BFF have that you adore, because it makes them unique?

I think that thing that makes our entire relationship unique is how we met and interacted. Krystol Diggs and I met while attending the MFA in Creative Writing program at Full Sail University. We were both members of a popular group of students. Krystol has a way of networking that I am very impressed with. She taught me a great deal about networking with other people in the industry. We were in every class together and became quite close. After graduation, most of our group stayed in touch but we eventually lost communication. But Krystol and I stayed connected. A year later, Krystol decided she wanted to go to get her PhD and she knew I had always wanted to get mine. I was in an area of my life where I had given up on my dreams. She convinced me to go back to school with her. She's working on her PhD in Psychology and I'm working on my PhD in Education. Although we are in different programs we are still in communication with each other. Last December, we decided to attend our first residency together. It was so exciting because although we had been best friends for two years we have never meet each other face to face. We shared the expenses and had the time of our lives.


Question #4:  Name a few things I like to eat while writing?

I love to eat dried fruits, nuts and chocolate. Sometimes all three!



No comments:

Post a Comment