Wednesday, July 15, 2015

#ExpressYourself: #Hemp All Day, Every Day




Welcome back to the Express Yourself weekly meme. Last week, I answered the question that asked what were some things I wish I could do better.  Are you ready for another interesting question for me to answer?

July 13 - 17, 2015

If you had to eat the same thing for breakfast the rest of your life, what would it be?

Oh, such a hard question. I have so many favorites. But one thing remains constant with every breakfast I make - hemp seeds. I add 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds to my meal. Sometimes I will do a hemp protein shake for breakfast. If I do that then I add 2 tablespoons of hemp. 

Most people confuse hemp with marijuana. Yes, it does come from the same plant. No, it's not the same. 




Hemp has many benefits. Here are just 5 of the major advantages of adding hemp to your diet:

1) It helps regulate the digestive system
Hemp is a slow digesting protein and fiber that helps you sustain your energy longer. It also prevents a spike your blood sugar levels. 

2) When digested at breakfast it curbs your need for snaking and helps you to remain fuller, longer. 

3) The Omega-3 found in hemp lowers blood pressure, wards off Alzheimer's disease and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

4) The Omega-6 found in hemp regulates metabolism, stimulate hair and skin growth, maintains bone health, and helps brain functions. 

5) Hemp seeds amino acids improves mental function and muscle control. It enables and promotes normal body maintenance of the body's cells, organs, tissues and muscles. 

In essence, hemp seeds are a healthy addition to anyone's daily nutritional regime. 







No comments:

Post a Comment