Wednesday, May 11, 2016

#ArmchairBEA: Introducing Allison Bruning


Day 1: Introductions

I am so excited to be at the ArmchairBEA this year. This year I'm not on a participate but also serve on the prize committee for the conference. Without further ado, here are the answers to the introduction questions?

1.  What is the name you prefer to use?



2.  How long have you been a book blogger?


I'm not a book blogger. I've been an author for eight years. I am the bestselling author of Calico, Elsa and Bailey's Revenge. I also have several shorts and have been part of several anthologies. I am currently writing Lies and Deceit, the sequel of Calico. When I'm not writing, I am a PhD in Education student and a publisher. 



3.  Have you participated in ABEA before?

This is my third year participating at ABEA. I love this conference. I've made some wonderful friends each year. I'm looking forward to renewing and making more connections. 

4.  What is your favorite genre and why?

I absolutely love Historical Romance. I've been writing in this genre for eight years. I've dabbled some in Christian fiction, poetry and non-fiction but I generally lean back towards historical romance. Calico and Bailey's Revenge takes place in the 18th century. Elsa takes place in the early 20th century. I'm currently reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I also like to read fantasy and Christian fiction. 

5.  If you could create a playlist that reflects your bookshelf, what would be the first song you choose? (You can include more than one if you want :D)

I have always been a book worm. I think this song would best describe my addiction to books and how I've always been in my life. I can't get enough books to read. I could live my entire life in a library. The more books the better!


6.  If you could choose three characters to have lunch with, who would they be and why?
From MY books: 
Calico from Calico (Children of the Shawnee: Book 1)
Mary from Bailey's Revenge (Irish Twist of Fate: Book 1)
Elsa from Elsa (The Secret Heritage: Book 1)

From OTHER books:

Jenny, Jaime and Claire from the Outlander series

7. Do you have a favorite book? If you cannot choose a favorite book of all time, pick your favorite book today - just this second. Remember that favorites are allowed to change if something affects you deeply enough.

I absolutely love "The Red Tent" by Anita Diamant. It's been one of my all time favorites. The book was made into a movie in 2014. I watched it with my husband. It was amazing!






2 comments:

  1. Beauty in the Beast has always been my favorite. Belle is actually why I started reading when I was little. I wanted to be just like her!

    ReplyDelete