Friday, June 3, 2016

#CelebratetheSmallThings: Movies, Marfa and More.

Happy Friday!

This week I've been busy writing and going back to school. I'm working on my PhD in Education. Last quarter, I had to medically withdraw from classes because I had a lung infection that left me with a 99.9 fever for a month and a half! It was a mixed blessing. I ended up moving back to Marfa, Texas so I could be in a restful place with family and my local doctor closer to me. I have since been healthier. I'm even joining the local gym.

I have been busy writing my fourth book. It's coming along nicely. My husband and I are getting ready to open a publishing house in Marfa. The editor is working on the first book already. I'm so excited. I can't wait for the opening of Big Bend Productions - publishing, photography and film. We're also going to open Academic Warriors, an educational consultation service for gifted, homeschool and roadschooling families.

I absolutely love working in Marfa. It's an artist community and is my husband's hometown. There have been plenty of movies made in Marfa. Kevin Bacon and Katheryn Haugn are currently filming a movie in town. He's been seen all over town. He even took all the teachers at Marfa ISD out to lunch at the Pizza Foundation. I haven't seen him yet.

I hope you have had a great week! Enjoy the first weekend in June.

3 comments:

  1. I saw a link Cathrina Constantine put on Twitter to your blog - and it's a different site than what I had linked to on my blog! I can see this blogspot site fully and can comment! Yay! The bad news is I haven't been able to get this 'blogspot" link to go in the linky. I'm working on it. But at least it went in my sidebar blog roll and works there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your lung infection. I'm glad it's getting better. Your big plans for the publishing house are exciting! Good luck with it and with your PhD work! Hope you get a chance to see Kevin Bacon while he's there.

    ReplyDelete