Friday, June 24, 2016

#CelebratetheSmallThings: School, @FlyLady, and #business


This has been a great week for my husband and I! It's been a week of revision, planning and moving forward towards the realization of our goals.

The first blessing was the ability to register my new company in Texas. In a previous blessings post, I told you that I am closing the publishing company that I own in Indiana and am opening a new company in Texas. This week I registered Big Bend Productions with the state of Texas. I also registered our four DBAs (Doing Business As) with Presidio County. I officially own - Marfa House (publishing), Castolon Studios (photography), Lost Mine Films (film) and Boquillas' Window (graphics). I'm not ready to launch my companies yet. I'm aiming to do so by this fall.

The other blessing I received this week was the Department of the Blind appointment my husband had. My husband is legally blind and has been having some issues with his eyesight. The Texas agency has agreed to not only pay for the medical services he may need but offer him some resources that will enhance his life. I'm so excited that we were able to start this journey.

Another blessing I received was that my husband started his motorcycle repair course at Penn Foster. He is also enrolled at Walden University pursuing a BBA in Small Business Administration. He wants to open a motorcycle repair shop in his hometown.

The last blessing I received this week was the opportunity to finally put together my routines and household journal. My life is so much more organized now. I have time to clean, write, work, etc. I've been using the Fly Lady technique for about five years now and absolutely love it.

It's been a very productive week!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your company registration-now, you can really get going ;)
    Glad to hear that the Texas agency was so helpful with your husband, and here's wishing him lots of fun and success with the repair course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm very excited about getting the new business started.
      Thank you for all the warm wishes for my husband. He's anxious to get his eyesight fixed so he can have an easier time with his schoolwork.

      Delete