Friday, June 17, 2016

#CTST: Big #business dreams in #Texas


My husband and I moved to Marfa, Texas a few months ago. I am in the process of closing my publishing house in Indianapolis and starting a new company in Texas. My new company will be an LLC that houses four different companies underneath it. These four businesses will be publishing, photography, graphics and film. I'm so excited to plant our business in Marfa. Marfa is an artist community. Whenever people in the area here of what I am trying to do they get all excited.

This week I made a long to do list of things that need to be done before we open the company. I also started on our business plan. I'm so excited. I feel like I'm making tiny steps forward to achieving my dream. I learned a great deal about what to do and what not to do when you own a publishing house. My new house will be stronger and better than my last one.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting closer to realizing your dreams! Sometimes we learn a great deal from parts of life (like your Indianapolis company) that make the future much better than we could even hope for. It sounds like you have a great community around you now. Have a lovely weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love living in Marfa. It's a great community.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! It sounds like you have a lot of great stuff going on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. I'm excited about everything that's going in my life right now.

      Delete