Wednesday, June 8, 2016

#ExpressYourself: Allison Bruning's Reading List #IamReading


Welcome back to the weekly Express Yourself blog meme. This week I was asked to write about the books that are on my summer reading list. I have so many. A good author is one who not only writes in their preferred genre but reads in that genre as well.

I'm currently reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  I'm on the fifth book of the series, The Fiery Cross. I want to finish reading the entire series this summer. Her books are excellent! I've also been watching Outlander on STARZ! since it was first released last year. Honestly, that's when I started reading the books. I love what STARZ! has done with the story. They have tried to stay as close to the books as possible. The seasons are based on the stories. This season is the second book.  I was excited to learn STARZ! has given Outlander two more seasons. That's the third and fourth books. I hope they do all the books.


Once I've completed the Outlander series I want to start reading the Tudor Court series by Philippa Gregory. I have the entire series. I first learned about the series from The Other Boleyn Girl movie. I fell in love with the movie and now I want to read the series. 


I have two more series I have bought that have intrigued me as well. The first on is The Wicked Years by Gregory Maguire. Everyone knows the first book - Wicked. The other series is the Mists of Avalon series by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I read Mist of Avalon never knowing it was part of series. I saw the movie but didn't like it as much as the book. 



So many books to read! I can't wait to be taken on all their literary journals. What books are you excited about reading this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment