Wednesday, June 15, 2016

#ExpressYourself: Nature Girl!


Welcome back to the weekly Express Yourself blog meme. This week I was asked to answer "If you could try one occupation for a day, other than your current job, what would you chose?"
Taking a break from hiking along the Ohio River. 

I currently work as a historical romance novelist. I love my writing career. I am also a business
owner. I own Mountain Springs House, a publishing house based in Indianapolis, Indiana. My husband and I recently moved back to Texas. I am currently in the process of closing Mountain Springs House and opening a new company in Texas that will focus on publishing, film, graphics and photography. More information about that venture will becoming later this year.

If I could give it all up for a day I would be try my hand at being a zookeeper or a national park ranger. I've always been fascinated by nature. One time in my life I actually thought I would become either one of those careers. I love spending time with animals. I have an endless curiosity when it comes to the natural world. I'm a backpacker and camper. I love anything to do with nature. I especially love to teach kids about camping and anything to do with the outdoors. I'm so blessed to have a husband who loves the outdoors as much as I do.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd be an outdoors person until I came to college and then going on hikes was such a treat because it gave me a chance to gather my thoughts and just being in the moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the best part about being alone in nature. You can calm down, gather your thoughts and just be.

      Delete