Sunday, July 17, 2016

What'sUpWithAllison: Righting What Went So Wrong #publishing



It's been another busy week for me. I'm in the process of preparing to launch my new publishing house, Marfa House, and my photography company, Castolon Studios. The opening of Marfa House has given me the opportunity to revisit my book, Calico. Calico was my first book. It went through several independent publishing houses. I endured a rough start to my writing career with publishing houses who didn't know what they were doing. I even had a house who published Calico without the formatting and they lost five chapters of the book! Needless to say, I was grateful when I had the opportunity to establish my own publishing house. I brought Calico over to Mountain Springs House but I ran into some trouble with the editor and formatter I had hired. Calico was re-released but I still wasn't satisfied.

This time I've learned from my publishing and business experiences. I spent two and half days, editing and reformatting Calico. It has a new cover, updated ending, and new chapter headings.



I did all the graphics, editing and formatting myself. I wanted only the best for my books.




In the end, it really helped me to center on what needed to be done with the second book. Some things just didn't make sense as I wrote them. That's because my timeline was off.

I'm back to writing the sequel to Calico. I'll post the links to the updated versions of Calico available in print and ebook when I have it. Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment