Friday, August 26, 2016

#CelebratetheSmallThings: #Business and book blessings


This week has been another week of changes for me. My publishing company is growing. As of today, I have eight authors and 15 books slated for release by December 31st. We've only been open since June 27th! I am very impressed with the quality of work our authors have produced and our staff have done. I look forward to seeing ever more from them.

Another great thing has happened for me this week as well. I've had a high fantasy erotica fiction sitting on the shelf for two years. I've posted a few times, over the years, on my blog that I was working on it. I have the story in my head, have plotted it but it's a new genre for me. This week, I teamed up with a new author who writes fantasy. Destiny Blackthorne. My one little story has ended up becoming the beginning of a six book series and the end of that series starts a spinoff. I'm so excited! I'm writing this book at the same time as I'm writing Lies and Deceit. We already have the cover for the first book.



8 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the work you're doing on the publishing front. Eight authors is awesome, and breathing life into an old work is exciting. Wishing you much success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on making progress on your new book(s). I discovered you through the #CTST. In making time to write, what is the most important thing to you? I'm trying to keep myself motivated to work on my WIP daily but am having problems making it a priority with all the other "to do's" in my life, including my full-time job. Thanks! www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane. I had the same problem until I discovered NaNoWriMo. I thrive when on a routine. NaNoWriMo taught me to write a chapter or two per day.

      The most important thing, aside from my writing and businesses, are my faith and family.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your company is doing great-eight authors! And there's nothing better than bringing back an old story. It's so sad to let them collect dust and run into the realm of forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, T. Decker. I have a lot of stories sitting on the back burner waiting to be brought to life. I'm determined to get them all published.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's amazing how fast your publishing company is expanding! Congrats on all that progress! And congrats on getting that old story out there! Sounds like it's going to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori. I'm very excited about the progress. I look forward to what is yet to come.

      Delete