Wednesday, May 31, 2017

@ArmchairBookExpo: Introductions


Armchair Book Expo Introductions

It's that time of year again. I am so excited to be back at Armchair Book Expo. This is my fourth year of attending the online book blogger conference. 

My name is Allison Bruning. I am the author of several books. I am best known for my historical romance books, poetry and non-fiction shorts. I have recently expanded into children's books and high fantasy erotica. I know you're reading that last sentence again. I really did just put those two genres in the same sentence. 

I am currently writing Field of Grace. Field of Grace takes place in Marion County, Ohio right after WWI. Guilt ridden, Ida McIntyre doesn't know how she can ever win her father's approval until Jeremiah Miller poisons her family. Determined to prove her worth, Ida sets out to find help only to face Jeremiah's wrath. Faced with life and death decisions that will challenge her strength and determination, what seems to be a simple deed turns into disaster until she realizes there is hope to save not only her family but her father's approval.

I have several non-fiction shorts that are with the editors. My novels Lies and Deceit (Children of the Shawnee: Book 2) and Bailey's Revenge (Irish Twist of Fate: Book 1) are with the editors as well. My children's book, Hoppy's Grave, is with the illustrator. Most of these are scheduled to be released by late Summer/early Fall.

I love to read historical fiction and fantasy. I am currently reading An Echo in the Bone (Outlander: Book 7) by Diana Gabaldon. I am a huge Outlander fan. I love the show and the books. 

The best thing about being an author is writing the multitude of stories in my head and being able to share them with the world. I love interacting with my readers and book bloggers. 

8 comments:

  1. Nice to learn more about you. Thanks for sharing.

    I enjoy historical fiction too.

    Have fun this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    Armchair BookExpo Introduction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even blink at the sentence. Congrats on the upcoming releases. Two posts: Introductions and Best Practices

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great introductions!!

    http://cover2coverblog.blogspot.com/2017/05/armchair-book-expo-day-1-introductions.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about what you write and why you love it. Interacting with readers must be so much fun -- I really enjoy it just with the readers of my blog. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your upcoming releases, and Happy Armchair Book Expo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Allison, nice to "meet" you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - just getting around to checking out the blogs this weekend.

    ReplyDelete