Friday, June 2, 2017

#ArmchairBookExpo: Dining with the Authors


Dining with the Authors

Oooo. I get to be a complete nerd on this blog post for Armchair Book Expo. I was asked: 

Who would you dream of enjoying a meal with? 
Would it be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or simply coffee? 
What would your meal be?
What would you discuss? 

Alright then. Let's get to it. I'm so excited!  

Let me welcome you to my dinner party. I have a list of authors I have always dreamed of enjoying a meal with. I love a great intellectual conversation so I wouldn't have dinner just with one author. First, I would have to fix my time machine because I'm quite certain Laura Ingalls Wilder and Shakespeare aren't alive anymore. 

Anyways, here's a list of my dinner guests. (They would all attend, of course). We would dine in style at the very seclusive, Diner of the Time Gods. I can't disclose the location of the diner, where my time machine is or how I got it. 

Laura Ingalls Wilder

William Shakespeare

Albert Einstein

H.G. Wells

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Margaret George

Diana Gabaldon

Rose Wilder Lane

Finis Bates

and

Marion Zimmer Bradley

We would have a very intellectual conversation surrounding historical topics, writing and of course anything else we would like to discuss. We would all be the best of friends but unfortunately none of my guests will remember any of it once we return back to our own times, well maybe my contemporaries will. You really can't disrupt the timeline. If you do, it could be disastrous for the future.

Sssshhhh, this meeting never happened. You don't know a single thing. Do you? I didn't think so. :-)


2 comments: