Friday, June 9, 2017

#CelebratetheSmallThings: Daily Routines


Welcome back to my blog. The Celebrate the Small Things weekly blog hop is a place where bloggers and authors post about the small successes they have had during the week. I like this blog hop because it reminds me to count my blessings. It can be easy to overwhelm ourselves with trying to solve the big goals in our lives. We can become so discouraged when these larger goals loom over our heads and it doesn't seem like we get anywhere. The only way to solve our disappointment is to refocus our thinking. Achieving a larger goal or solving a big problem can only be done when you take small steps towards it. These smaller goals build upon each other like a ladder until lo and behold you have reached your greater goal or solved that big problem.

My Weekly Blessings
This week has been a week of change for me. Good changes. Changes that are helping my businesses, writing and personal life. One of the biggest changes that have happened this week is getting back on a routine. I have always used routines to help me get through the day but for some reason or another I had jumped off that bandwagon. My life was chaotic without them. I established new routines that have actually been helping me with  my time management. I've always have had a problem with time management. I've found if I have a routines in place I tend to operate better. I love a great checklist. I created a list of things I need to do each day in each of my routines. I had learned about the use of control journey from FlyLady. I have time for my writing, teaching, social media, business, cleaning, etc. Even time for me and a date night. 

Nothing in my routine is set in stone timewise like you must wash the car at 10am. It's more like a checklist of things to do. Once I'm done with a task I just go onto the next. The tasks are set out in a morning, afternoon, evening and before bed time frame but that doesn't always mean it happens in those times. And I don't have to complete every task. I close up shop around 7pm, watch TV or do something fun then go to bed at 9pm. I try to wake up around 5am.  I had to keep it flexible because of my teaching schedule. My teaching hours vary from day to day because I teach homeschool students through Outschool. I've noticed since using my routines that I'm actually able to get much more done than I use to. I love it! What a blessing!



6 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Celebrate hop! I'm a pretty good list maker, but unlike you, very few things on the to-do list actually get done. Maybe if I woke up at 5AM, like you, I'd do better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lexa. I don't always wake up at 5AM. Sometimes I sleep in until 7:30. :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay to finding a little routine! It's something I should establish more of, since things do tend to run smoother when at least a bit of structure is there. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Structure always helps. I tend to get more done in my day when there is structure.

      Delete
  3. I like routines. I also like to change my routines, and I prefer. like you, not to be a slave to them. They are my servants. I am the master of them, and time and circumstance is the master of us all (or God is master of everything if you believe in him, as I do. I hope your routines serve you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank DA. Sounds like we think the same.

      Allison

      Delete